Hi all beautiful womans out there!
The change of the season is up and there is a lot of parties to attend! The one thing that makes me feel super glam is wearing false eyelashes or lash extensions.
The first option is the easier. But I do preffer the lash extensions. And if you live in or around London I would recommend Agnes dos Santos lash experts salon.
I have very short, virtually non existent lashes, so a set of lashes gives me that wow look.
Over the years, with trial and error, I have come across the best way to apply, the way that works best for me. You might have a different way, would love you to share it with me below in the comments!
For your info, there are 3 types of false lashes:
1º) Strip lashes
2º) Accent Lashes (half lashes)
3º) Individual Lash Extensions
Choose the ones that best for you. But I do recommend Agnes dos Santos lash extensions london salon. They are the best lash experts salon in London.
So here are my 10 tips for aplying strip lashes:
1) I like to curl and put mascara on my own lashes before I start.
2) Choose a style you like. Do you want length? Do you want thickness? Do you want over the top both? (I have worn 2 sets of lashes on one eye before to give it extra thickness! it does become heavy after a while!)
3) There is a left and a right lash: you can recognise it because the shorter lashes go in the inner corner of the eye, and the longest on the outer.
4) Check the fit. Take your lash strip and bend it gently between your fingers to give it more of a curved shape to fit your eyelid. If the lash band is longer than your natural lash line, trim the access with a pair of small scissors. Only every trim the longer lashes (the outer)
5) How to apply the adhesive: squeeze directly along the strip. Spread with an orange stick or toothpick evenly. I like to have a bit of extra on the edges, they seem to lift first. Wait a few seconds for the glue to dry a little before applying to your eyes. I like to put a little on the back of my hand and apply from there. I have seen girls apply it to directly to their eyelid as an eyeliner and attach the lashes that way.
6) There are speciality applicators, I used the Ardell Applicator. You can also use tweezers or your fingers.
7) Apply lashes from the middle of the eyelid and then stick on the corners.
8) Apply as close to your natural lash line as possible.
9) Apply mascara as required, just note that it is a little more difficult to remove make up from your falsies.
10) To remove your lashes, soak a cotton bud in oil free eye make remover. Rub it over the lash band to dissolve the glue a little and gently peel off. Use the same cotton bud to clean the glue off the lash strip and store in the box it came in.